Cinnamon Rolls for the Weekend

 Isn't it funny the way we all work SO hard just to get to the weekend.  Five days of grind for 48 hours of freedom seems a little unfair, doesn't it?  But those two days are the perfect chance to take things slow.  Nothing says slow like yeasty cinnamon rolls does it?

  Now, full disclosure here.  I am an 80's baby with some serious love for Cinnabon.  So in my mind, cinnamon rolls should be huge, soft and bathed in cream cheese frosting.  Cinnamon rolls from a can offend my soul, but, alas-that's all Ivy's brother will eat.  It's painful to me.  

  I also can not STAND rolls without enough actual enriched dough.  If you have too much filling and not enough beautiful, buttery dough we just can't be friends.


  So, if you're looking for a cozy breakfast for the weekend, these babies are sure to do the trick.  A couple of tips for you ...

  Number 1 - Pretty much any brioche or enriched dough recipe will work, but I love potato enriched dough for these.  They come out so soft and fluffy and you'd never know there was potato in there.

  Number 2 - Pouring heavy whipping cream over your rolls before you bake them is magical.  Especially here at altitude where dough can dry out really quickly, this trick makes for the softest cinnamon rolls EH-VAH!

  This recipe from Sugar and Soul was the base for what you see above.  You can't go wrong following it to a T.  But the tweaks that I made were substituting 1/4 of flour for potato flakes and only making six HUGE cinnamon rolls.  Like I said in tip 2, I add about 1/4 cup of heavy whipping cream poured over my rolls right before they go in the oven.  They're crazy yummy and I really hope you give them a try!



0 comments