Casa Bonita...Yeah, It's Real

 

  It always cracks me up that there are some who see the South Park episode about Casa Bonita (even all these years later) who don't realize that it's real.  I've been coming to Casa Bonita since I was itty bitty...like 4 years old and it's always been a favorite.

  My dad even took us all for his birthday when Ivy was three and Black Bart's Cave freaked her out.  :). Needless to say, when it looked like it might close down, it was like a family member passing away.  

  Luckily, Matt Stone and Trey Parker came through and saved it!  Now, it took forever for it to re-open and even longer for my lottery number to get called.  I signed up the second they started and we were one of the last to get selected before they re-opened to the public.  What can you do? 

  The food is...better.  But the real reason to be there is to eat sopapillas and wander around enjoying the old and the new.  From cliff divers and Black Barts cave to Man-Bear-Pig and a big Cartman.  Go if you can, it's so fun.  And enjoy our visit to inspire you!














0 comments