One Final Daytrip to Wrap Up Summer

Ivy and her brother have been having a summer for the ages.  Now that they both drive, they don't need me anymore to do fun things.  What a rip off!  I wanna do the fun things too!  Lucky me, I've got the worlds sweetest kids and there's an open invitation to tag along when I'm not working.

The kids wanted to make their last big hurrah of summer a trip to The Royal Gorge.  I was first there back when you could drive across and they had simulated quickdraw gun fights at high noon.  They also had the most beautiful carousel you've ever seen!  Unfortunately, the kids never got to experience the park that way because a giant fire destroyed 90% of the park, but only a small part of the bridge was damaged.  It's an incredible story if you want to go to https://royalgorgebridge.com/about-the-park/ to read about it.

There was no way we were going to miss out on Z's last weekend of freedom (Ivy's got another week before she starts back up for her sophmore year in college).  I am SO old!  Enjoy some of the photos and if you've never been to Royal Gorge Bridge and Park, we highly recommend it!

Not the O.G. carousel, but it was still fun!
Run Ivy!
The bridge is absolutely huge and I'm trusting my life to these cables.
I'd never seen that you could feed the fish at this cute little pond.  It was a blast!
Sometimes you gotta lie on the ground in front of tons of people who think you're super weird to get the shot you want.
Hurray for the last trip of summer '24!
I see you!



0 comments